UELSports is supporting the Professional Development Award (PDA) run by the Careers and Employability team at UEL, and are pro-actively seeking students who are keen to gain this industry standard award. The UEL Professional Development Award is a flexible employability development programme offering you certification for your involvement in employability-related activities. It is open to all students on any programme at UEL and those who graduated up to two years ago.
What will I gain from completing the award?
- Prepare you for the challenges of the work environment
- Help you develop the required skills and attributes employers seek from graduates in addition to a degree
- Help you become familiar with the recruitment process
- Sell yourself to employers more effectively when competing for jobs
- Demonstrate to potential employers your commitment to professional development
- Enhance your readiness for self-employment if this is an option for you
- Develop long term strategies for careers success
There are four PDA information sessions running in March 2016.
Stratford and USS workshops
10th March @ Stratford 11-12.30 – Room RB1.14
10th March @ USS 3.30-5pm – Room US1.01
22nd March @ Stratford 11.12.30 Room RB.1.03 (
22nd March @ USS 3.30-5pm – Room US1.01
2nd March 12-1.30pm Room EB.G.10
11th March 12-1.30pm Room EB.G.10
17th March 12-1.30pm Room EB1.07
21st March 12-1.30pm Room EB1.46