|Job Titles:||Britain Basketball Federation (BBF) Student Intern||Reports To:||Basketball Programmes Manager (BPM)|
|Location:||BBF Office (London)||Salary:||Voluntary|
|Appointment:||The internship will run for a minimum period of 12 weeks with the possibility of extension to 6 months pending review|
|Hours of work:||1 day a week, with the option to extend dependant on availability|
|· To assist in the planning and delivery of Great Britain Basketball international programmes.
· To assist in the day to day running of the British Basketball Federation office.
· To offer efficient administrative and logistical support to British Basketball head office staff.
|Accountabilities and Responsibilities:|
|· To provide administrative assistance to BBF staff including answering phones, electronic communications, file management and printing/photocopying.
· To provide administrative support to the Great Britain international programmes by assisting with the administration of documentation, circulation of correspondence and completion of registration documents and any other relative paperwork.
· To provide logistical assistance to Great Britain international programmes.
· To work effectively with BBF staff to help achieve organisations aims and objectives.
To carry out any other additional duties which are consistent with and support the organisation requirements.
|Personal Specification (Key Skills and Experience Essential to this role):||Personal Specification (Key Skills and Experience Desirable to this role):|
|· Minimum of 3 A-levels or equivalent
· Studying or completed degree in Event Management or sport related field
· Experience of using Microsoft Office including Word & Excel, including writing letters, using mail-merge, creating and editing spreadsheets
· Outstanding organisational and communication skills
· Has a “can do” attitude, focusing on solutions to problems and well developed active listening skills showing an ability to take direction
· Ability to work independently, manage time and prioritise work
· Conveys an image that is consistent with British Basketball Federation values, demonstrating qualities, traits and demeanour that has a positive effective on the organisation
|· Working knowledge of key partners: England Basketball, Basketball Scotland, Basketball Wales, Sports Councils, Institutes of Sport, British Olympic Association etc.
· Working knowledge of UK basketball structure
· Experience of working with sports or in a sport related field
· Genuine interest in High Performance sport
|Additional Behaviours required:||Level Required:|
· Customer service experience
· Problem solving
· Attention to detail
|· Anticipate customer and organisation needs
· Bring together ideas and solutions
· Strive to improve personal performance
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter highlighting how you meet the personal specification and behavioural requirements and why you are suitable for this role to the BBF office by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on Monday 21st March 2016.