Students – check out our latest selection of live volunteering roles related to sport, all found on the UEL volunteering hub (1): a central place for UEL students to search and apply for volunteering roles across London. Here are some current opportunities available:
- East Ham Active community sports project volunteer (Saturday Walking Football)
- Volunteer Community Coaches wanted at our Saturday Soccer School for 4-14yr olds
- Volunteers needed to support Visually Impaired Swimming Group in Greenwich
- East Ham Active community sports project volunteer (Walking Football Tuesdays)
- East Ham Active community sports volunteer (Saturday morning Table Tennis)
- Behind Every Kick – Mentors required to support young footballers in Hackney
- Support Volunteers needed for Autism Weekend Club and Monday Evening Socials
- Tower Hamlets Buddy Scheme for children and young people with disabilities
To apply for these roles, register on the hub and attend a short induction with UEL Volunteering. This is a quick and easy process. If you have any questions or if you need advice please contact: email@example.com, 0208 223 2424. or Text: “VOLUNTEER ME” to 07710 854 641 (include your name and student number).
Events volunteering (2) is a great way to develop skills and network whilst experiencing the atmosphere and inevitable goosebumps, chills and thrills of live sport! It’s well worth getting involved, see how you can do so, below.
Annual & One-off events
National Junior Indoor Rowing Championships (NJIRC)
London Youth Rowing is a ground-breaking charity which aims to increase access to rowing for all young people in London regardless of background or ability. We are hosting the 11th National Junior Indoor Rowing Championships (NJIRC) on Friday 17th March 2017.
NJIRC is the biggest indoor rowing event in the world and we need a great team of volunteers to make it happen. To ensure we deliver a fantastic competition, we need over 120 Volunteers. We hope some of our Olympic and Paralympic GB rowers from Rio 2016 will join us to inspire the next generation.
Venue: Lee Valley Athletics Centre, Edmonton, North London
Transport: Free shuttle bus available from nearest tube Tottenham Hale
Parking: Free parking available
Roles: Registration, results area, race floor, holding pens, medal presentations
Schedule: Friday 17th March 2017, 7.45am until 5pm with breaks covered
Click here to apply. (can’t commit to the full day? we may be able to place you in a role that fits around your availability).
- Badminton England
- Boccia England
- British Athletics
- British Cycling
- British Triathlon
- England Cricket
- England Hockey (Hockey Makers)
London School Games
Volunteers needed to support London School Games competitions in and around Newham. Click here for more information and contact Anne-Marie White (Anne-MarieWhite@cumberland.org.uk) to register your interest.
One of the largest sources of sport events volunteering opportunities in and around London. Click here for more information on how to get involved.
London Youth Games
LYG is Europe’s largest youth sport tournament organiser, catering for 30 different sports. Click here to become a games maker, and volunteer to help run their events.