Are you involved in sports on a professional or voluntary basis and have an interest in
supporting disabled people to take part in sports and physical activity? Then look out for these FREE courses taking place as part of Motivate East’s Inclusive Coaching Week Programme, starting on 20 March.
There are a range of workshops on offer, each being delivered by disabled people with expertise in the relevant field.
Workshop will provide practical knowledge and develop confidence and skills needed to deliver fun and engaging sessions for disabled people of all abilities.
The workshops are suitable for sports coaches, sports and physical activity providers, aspiring sports leaders, volunteers and support workers.
Workshops available (click here to sign up)
- ABC’s of Wheelchair Movement (20/03/17), 2-5pm
- Effective Communication: Coaching Deaf People in Sport (20/03/17), 6-9pm
- Coaching Participants with a Learning Disability (21/03/17), 2-5pm
- Dementia Friends for Sport & Physical Activity Providers (21/03/17), 6-9pm
- Vision Impairment Awareness Training for Sport & Physical Activity Providers (22/03/17), 2-5pm
- Disability Awareness and Inclusion for Sport & Physical Activity Providers (22/03/17), 6-9pm
- Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity Providers (24/03/17), 2-5pm